Sunday, June 10, 2007

 

Odds and Ends

by Greg

First off, a belated note of congratulations to the Anaheim Ducks and their fans. While I was rooting for the Sens, I didn't feel much of a sense of loss when Anaheim won, and the sight of Selanne and, yes, Pronger carrying the Cup was pretty sweet. Let's hear it for non-traditional markets -- keep the Cup south of Chicago 'til 2050!

* * *

Sort of got lost in my e-mail, but for those who haven't heard about it yet -- Blue Jackets bloggers Drew (End of the Bench) and Michael (Army of the Ohio) are organizing a draft gathering on June 22nd in Columbus. More details here. I lacked the foresight to think about going anywhere for the draft, so I'll be somewhere in the mountains of Colorado, trying to get a cell phone signal to find out who the Thrashers got in the fifth round.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Thank you. Indeed, let's hear it for non-traditional markets. I just volunteered to help out with Raleigh Youth Hockey tryouts and there were 440 kids trying out for 10 teams and I saw a lot of talented hockey playing kids. In Raleigh, North Carolina. And that was just A and AA - there were hundreds more for AAA a few weeks earlier.

This is not an exclusive sport.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?