Friday, May 04, 2007

 

Canucks = Duck Pooped



That's it. That's all. The Vancouver Canucks are out like George Takei.

Last night's loss pretty much summed up the Canucks playoffs: Sedin's couldn't score, the Power Play sucked, Luongo was awesome, Ducks are just too good.

Before the season, I predicted the Canucks just to squeak into the playoffs. Given how they finished the season, I'd say it was a successful one for the franchise.

"What if Bieksa, Salo, Cooke, Kesler, and Fitzpatrick didn't suffer injuries?"

It's too easy to ask "What if?", but I don't see how a healthy Canucks lineup would necessarily just leapfrog a Ducks squad that just has more talent and more will.

The Ducks? Part of me doesn't like them at all because they are very thuggish. It's obvious that guys like Brad May are out there to simply hurt and injure people. The Ducks took a lot of bad penalties, but the Canucks weren't the ones to make them pay.

Yet, I have to realize that the Ducks have superb PK, a well-rounded club, and a lot of speed to go with that beef. Unlike the Canucks, who have many forwards who can't score, the Ducks can throw out at least two complete units that can bury the puck at any time.

It's disappointing to see the Canucks promising season end in such a frustrating way. We get the feeling that the Canucks could have done more if they could score a Power Play goal, or had less injury problems, or got a decent effort from the Sedinbots. It didn't help that most of the Canucks played Game 5 as if they wanted to be golfing the next day.

Still, when all is said and done, I can say that I'm happy with how the season went. With the exception of a couple of players, the team played exceptionally well and banded together like the Crawford-era Canucks never would.

Now that my hometown team is out of the running, I can relax and just watch the games without the potential for cardiac arrest. I'd prefer the pain, but I'll take relief, anyway. Just as long as the Wings or Rangers don't win, all will be fine.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
The Ducks? Part of me doesn't like them at all because they are very thuggish. It's obvious that guys like Brad May....

Brad May and who? You can't label a team a bunch of thugs because of one guy.
 
Do it. Jump onto the Sens bandwagon!
 
Funny how now, the Ducks are thugs, when not that long ago, they were just a bunch of pussies with Mighty in their name, and Disney on their side. My, how things change.

So, who is Greg going to pick now?
 
Brad May and who? You can't label a team a bunch of thugs because of one guy.
It's my blog and I'll do what I want to. Do what I want to. Do what I want toooooooooo.

Kunitz leaving his feet to make hits, Shawn Thornton/George Parros = Goon Squad, Pronger and his vicious and careless stick work (even to his own teammate), Travis Moen... If the Ducks were my team, I'd like them, but since they aren't, they are just a bit too dirty for my tastes.

Do it. Jump onto the Sens bandwagon!

As much as I'm pulling for Meszaros, I loathe city of Ottawa, itself, too much to actually actively cheer for the Sens. Plus, their uniforms suck.
 
The Canucks were punching above their weight all season. Hopefully Luongo doesn't ever get hurt or they'll be in trouble.

Also, good move avoinding the sens bandwagon. You'd probably get crushed in a couple of weeks by everyone jumping off of it.

Note: The word verification had a freaking umlaut in it! Looks like Google's gone Swedish.
 
And the Canucks were a bunch of saints? I saw the same amount of running players from them, as I did from the Ducks. I can't count the number of times Willie Mitchell got away with the slashes, cheap hits, and elbows. The Canucks are just as guilty as the Ducks.

Simply put, the Ducks were just the better team, and the Canucks were bound to choke again in the playoffs.

And that's the bottom line...
 
Plus, their uniforms suck.: You vain, vain man.

Also, good move avoinding the sens bandwagon. You'd probably get crushed in a couple of weeks by everyone jumping off of it.: Also, good move avoiding doing what PPP's doing. You'd probably get crushed by the weight of your own bitterness and resentment in a couple of weeks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?