Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

The Negotiating Treadmill Rolls On

I have some sad news to report, folks...please, brace yourselves.

The NHL and NHLPA met yesterday for six hours, and *gasp*NO progress was made.

Please don't die of shock and dismay, for I would miss you, my loyal readers.

"While we discussed many of the issues related to the concept that we introduced at our last meeting, we were unable to make any progress today," said NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin.

"I remain concerned that the NHL is not serious about developing new concepts together and remains fixated on measuring all of our proposed concepts against a linked hard-cap system. I fail to see how we can make any progress if the NHL maintains their single-track approach."

Forget concepts, it's all about egos and numbers. Until both sides realize that this lockout is hurting both sides badly, they'll keep shooting themselves in the foot with more unproductive talks.

As apathetic as I am to the whole negotiating process now, it really does bother me at how unproductive these negotiations continue to be. I know the NHL and many clubs are poorly run, and it bothers me, as an accountant/businessman, to see my favourite sport continue to be carried by short-sighted morons who happened to 'know the right people'.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?