Thursday, June 10, 2004

 

Martin St. Louis - Is the Pearson only the beginning?

Martin St. Louis has been named the Lester B. Pearson award winner, voted on by his peers as the Most Valuable Player, and given out by the evil NHL Players Association.

Quoth the smurf:
"Beside the Stanley Cup, this will be the trophy that matters the most to me, being voted by the guys you play against night in and night out, it's very flattering," he said. "This one will always hold a special place in my heart."


I'd feel the exact same way. Who cares what some out-of-shape mediots think of you compared to the opinions of your peers? It's the ultimate ego boost to know that your peers think you are the best amongst them.

I suspect this won't be the only trophy Martin will be taking home tonight (And I'm not talking about his mistress).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?